How does the web work?
ConsumpediaMed is a summary of knowledge and suggestions in order to make a more conscious consumption of certain products, which intends to be useful for the people around the Mediterranean arch.
We can chose a product by clicking the button Products Catalogue, on the left side of the yellow superior bar, or the shutter under it. We can also access a specific product clicking on its picture, the carroussel of moving images in the inferior part of the portal.
The information of every product is organized in tabs:
- You will always find a Start To begin with a brief introduction to the product.
- Then, for the products of a higher Mediterranean production prominence you will find the tab In the Mediterranean.
- Further, we can find a tab that will help to consider the need that we have of the product and see ways to reduce this need or satisfy it in ways that don't imply the consumption of new resources. It has a different name depending on the product: What does it provide us, What for? etc.
- After that we will find between 2 and 4 tabs where we will get to know the main social and environmental impacts behind a product.
- And last but not least we have the tab At home, devoted to the actual use of the product and, in some cases, its treatment as a waste product.
In every one of these tabs, the information is structured in two levels:
- The paragraphs that we could see entering the tab describe facts or knowledge that we think is worth taking into account if we decide for a responsible consumption. Every paragraph ends with an advice or an action proposal, marked in bold letters.
- Clicking the sentence How can we do it we will find a series of specific suggestions in order to put into practice this action proposal.
At the right part of the screen we can find:
- Keep this in mind! It is a scroll down menu bar that gathers the two or three ideas that we think are more important to consider when consuming the product.
- Sources of information is another scroll down menu bar where we will find some of the consulted sources to draw up the contents of ConsumpediaMed.
In the superior part of the screen, in the yellow bar, we can find more information on the development of ConsumpediaMed:
- Conscious and transforming consumption explains the point of view of the CRIC on responsible consumption.
- Source of the information given introduces the magazine Opcions, where the greatest part of contents come from.
- About us introduces the authors of the project: the Centre of Regional Activity for Cleaner Production (CAR/PN) and the Centre of Research and Information in Consumption (CRIC).
If you have any doubts or suggestions to improve the web, send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.