The 15th European Round Table on Sustainable Consumption and Production (ERSCP), organized by the Network of Experts in Sustainable Consumption and Production PREPARE, will take place from the 2nd to 4th of May 2012 in Bregenz, Austria. The ERSCP 2012 places special emphasis on intense and vivacious dialogue between research and business. The motto “SCP meets industry” demonstrates this approach. This particular focus is shown by the fact that 8 leading companies located in the region are sponsors and partners of the conference.
The 15th ERSCP aims at cross-fertilization and bridge-building between six main topics also the region stands for:
- Building: The Austrian province of Vorarlberg with its capital Bregenz is known as “Mecca” of innovative architecture which bridges tradition and modernity using regional materials in an aesthetic formal vocabulary and in an energy-efficient way.
- Tourism: Sustainable regional development is one of the big assets of tourism in Vorarlberg which combines culinary delights, cultural events and recreative nature.
- Energy: In 2010, the regional parliament decided unanimously to strive for energy autonomy until 2050 and defined a bundle of tangible measures till 2020.
- Resources: The regional corporate partners of the ERSCP stand in the forefront of sustainable resource and life-cycle management and are interested to discuss their efforts and results with the conference participants.
- Lifestyles: Changing lifestyles towards more sustainability is subject of many activities in the region, for example in the field of mobility, of housing, of energy saving, of farming and nutrition.
- Resilience: The aspired goal of energy autonomy in Vorarlberg is an important part of the way towards a resilient region. The parallel meeting of the 2000-Watt-cities network illustrates practical approaches to achieve this ambitious goal.
The European Round Table on Sustainable Consumption and Production (ERSCP), existing since 1994, is one of Europe’s most remarkable conferences in its field.
More information about the ERSCP: www.erscp2012.eu
More information about PREPARE: www.prepare-net.com